WELCOME!

SHARE THE LOVE :)

Tuesday, July 27, 2010

Wisdom from Alice

We watched Tim Burton's Alice in Wonderland this weekend. And while many different people have many different opinions on it, here's mine. Plain Jane simple.

I liked it.

The thing that appealed to me most, the one driving force that seemed to push the movie forward, was not the colorful, awe-inspiring animation (which was, of course, spectacular), but the belief that the impossible is possible.

"Sometimes I believe in as many as six impossible things before breakfast," Alice informed the Mad Hatter, to which he (in all of his Johnny Depp greatness) replied, "That is an excellent practice."

I love this way of thinking. Love it. When the only thing you really have to take into consideration when striving for the impossible is you (your willpower, your determination), then the impossible really is possible.

Funny, but many of my "impossible" dreams never really came into being until I realized that they were, in fact, possible. It wasn't until I began to see my desires for what they were, and to believe them achievable, that I started to actually catch glimpses of them in my daily life. And once I started catching glimpses of my dreams in their full manifested glory, it was like a dam broke loose.

So, in following Alice's lead, I'm going to start thinking of six impossible things each day. (Let's face it, I don't do much thinking before my, uh, caffeine-infused breakfast.) Then, after I think of them, I'm going to (gulp) believe in them.

And, since I'm currently on my second cup, here's my list of six:

1. Chris and I live in a beautiful house on Lake Washington.

2. It is possible to interact with our loved ones even after they've transitioned.

3. Every day, I make a difference in the lives of at least five different people. (Or animals!)

4. I am able to read anything and fully, completely, and with utter clarity understand every bit of it.

5. I have the power to control my feelings, and to make each and every thought a positive one.

6. I live wholly and without fear.

Mmmm... And this is just the beginning.

What's on your list? :)




_______________

"You’ll be sort of surprised what there is to be found once you go beyond Z and start poking around!"
-- Dr. Seuss

1 comments:

Unknown said...

I really liked the show as well. A lot of people were really hard on the movie, but I think the film was done well.