So often times, I want to be somewhere other than where I am. I want to go somewhere that is so far from my current position - whether it be a state of mind or an actual location - that I can actually feel the pull. But, when I heed the call, I find myself not really all that far from where I actually started.
I want huge leaps. Gigantic leaps. Enormous progress. I want to bound across that chasm of contrast and into a whole new way of being. Into something so brand spanking new that, if I were to look back, I wouldn't even be able to see where I came from.
And I want to do it all... right now.
In a perfect world, we'd be able to leap into our desired reality with one single bound. Fat to thin. Disease to wellness. Poverty to prosperity. Lack to abundance.
But our world isn't perfect. And maybe that's a good thing. Because, if it was, how could we determine what we wanted in the first place? And if we didn't experience the dark - as so many wise ones have said - then how can we possibly appreciate the light?
I think the movie What About Bob? says it best.
Baby steps.
You gotta take baby steps into your dreams. Press forward with small but determined strides. Make tiny but deliberate changes. All of these seemingly insignificant actions will eventually add up to that brand spanking new reality.
Granted, this is all easy to write. It's easy advice to give. It is, however, harder to follow. I do my best daily and try to keep the impatience at bay. Some days are better than others. But when it comes down to standing still or moving forward, I'll take moving forward. Even if it means baby steppin' the entire freakin' way.
My most recent baby step? Incorporating green drinks back into my life. Before school started last January, I guzzled these smoothies regularly. But once my schedule became so overloaded with classes, studying, and commuting to and from campus, I regrettably replaced these priceless nutritious drinks with pricey vanilla lattes from the cafeteria. My life is now, however, heading in a new direction. And instead of fighting the flow, I'm choosing to go with it. Even though I have absolutely no idea where it's headed.
So here's to my attempt to get across the chasm, to the place I want to be. My baby step toward a brand spanking new reality.
Cheers.
** In this drink:
Spinach
Blueberries
1 Banana
1 Orange
I want huge leaps. Gigantic leaps. Enormous progress. I want to bound across that chasm of contrast and into a whole new way of being. Into something so brand spanking new that, if I were to look back, I wouldn't even be able to see where I came from.
And I want to do it all... right now.
In a perfect world, we'd be able to leap into our desired reality with one single bound. Fat to thin. Disease to wellness. Poverty to prosperity. Lack to abundance.
But our world isn't perfect. And maybe that's a good thing. Because, if it was, how could we determine what we wanted in the first place? And if we didn't experience the dark - as so many wise ones have said - then how can we possibly appreciate the light?
I think the movie What About Bob? says it best.
Baby steps.
You gotta take baby steps into your dreams. Press forward with small but determined strides. Make tiny but deliberate changes. All of these seemingly insignificant actions will eventually add up to that brand spanking new reality.
Granted, this is all easy to write. It's easy advice to give. It is, however, harder to follow. I do my best daily and try to keep the impatience at bay. Some days are better than others. But when it comes down to standing still or moving forward, I'll take moving forward. Even if it means baby steppin' the entire freakin' way.
My most recent baby step? Incorporating green drinks back into my life. Before school started last January, I guzzled these smoothies regularly. But once my schedule became so overloaded with classes, studying, and commuting to and from campus, I regrettably replaced these priceless nutritious drinks with pricey vanilla lattes from the cafeteria. My life is now, however, heading in a new direction. And instead of fighting the flow, I'm choosing to go with it. Even though I have absolutely no idea where it's headed.
So here's to my attempt to get across the chasm, to the place I want to be. My baby step toward a brand spanking new reality.
Cheers.
** In this drink:
Spinach
Blueberries
1 Banana
1 Orange

__________________
"...baby step onto the elevator... baby step into the elevator... I'm *in* the elevator.
[doors close]
AHHHHHHHHHHHH!"
-- Bob Wiley (via Bill Murray) in What About Bob?
0 comments:
Post a Comment