Waiting.
Waiting for that certain someone to show up. Anxiously peering around corners, subtly looking over our shoulders, walking throughout the room with our stomachs filled with butterflies and our hearts in our throats... And hoping upon hope that that person shows up.
Hoping. Waiting. Anticipating...
And when that person does show, when he or she first enters our line of sight, we've all felt our hearts beat wildly; we've all experienced that overwhelming fluttering in our chests - two of the feelings that only true love can ignite.
This particular scene in Becoming Jane is my favorite cinematic scene of all time. All time. The energy between Tom and Jane (James McAvoy and Anne Hathaway) is practically palpable. The way she lights up when she sees him, and the mischievous, knowing smile he flashes her, is just breathtaking. I mean, seriously, it's breathtaking. (Honestly, my breath actually catches in my throat and my heart skips a beat each and every time I watch this.) Their passion for each other is so strong that - despite their best intentions - it just cannot be hidden.
It's the perfect moment.
I look at this scene (and the movie in general) as a reminder to always make time for love in my life. To never get so out of tune with myself or too busy with the daily grind to ignore the beating of my own heart, or to lose that euphoric feeling of pure and unbridled passion. I vow to never forget how it feels to be madly, deeply, and irrevocably in love.
I mean - love. It really is the most important thing. Isn't that what we're all here to experience, anyway?
_______________________
"Jane, I'm yours. God, I'm yours. I'm yours, heart and soul."
-- Tom Lefroy, Becoming Jane
0 comments:
Post a Comment