WELCOME!

SHARE THE LOVE :)

Tuesday, November 17, 2009

Take A Chance

I'm so excited. And I just can't hide it.

I'm about to lose control and I think I like it.

Okay. All corny 80's music lyrics aside, I really am excited. And honestly? I just can't hide it.

Why? Because I tried something new.

Every time I try something new, every time I challenge myself by stepping outside of my comfort zone and forging full-speed ahead, I win. And whether or not the idea flops or the situation doesn't turn out exactly as I wanted it to, I still win. I still - always, always, always - see myself as a success.

And why?

Because I took a chance. I dared to leap. I pushed any fears or doubting thoughts aside and jumped in to the mud and muck with enthusiasm and passion. Regardless of the outcome, I carried enough hope in my heart to expand, to develop, and to grow beyond that which I'd already become.

It's so important to keep our lives filled with excitement and wonder. To grab on to the feelings of hope, joy, and passion and never, ever let them go. And it's absolutely imperative to not let our days flow monotonously by, minute by minute, until - before we know it - we're just living one stale year after another.

By challenging ourselves, by escaping the norm, we can actually live life.

Here are a few more shots from the session I had with Julie and her family last week. I was more than nervous before the shoot (nervous to the point of I'm-going-to-call-and-cancel-because-there's-no-way-there's-just-no-way-I-can-do-this), but I sucked it up and pushed myself forward. And the rest is history. If I hadn't swallowed my fear, I would have never gone.

But I did. I picked up my camera, plastered a smile onto my face, lifted my chin, and plowed ahead with faith. And I'm so, so, so glad that I did.

My advice - and you can take it and do with it what you will - is to find something that you've been keeping yourself from doing and do it. And remember that you have the power. The power is totally, completely, and only in you.

And seriously... When you really think about it, what have you got to lose?













_________________

"I guess it comes down to a simple choice, really. Get busy livin' or get busy dyin."
-- Andy Dufresne, "The Shawshank Redemption"

0 comments: