WELCOME!

SHARE THE LOVE :)

Wednesday, August 18, 2010

I Appreciate: Cooler Temperatures

I could never live down south. Where it's hot. All year long.

I love the cold. Give me a slight chill in the air any day. A crisp breeze or a biting wind - I don't care. I just like things... Cool.

The last few days have been scorchers out here in the Pacific Northwest. Record breaking highs in the ninties. (The 90s!) Obviously, that's a little - okay a lot - hotter than I usually prefer. In fact, during
Emily's shoot last Friday, I felt a little too much like a hog roasting over an open pit. Seriously. No joke. (Thankfully, Emily was gracious enough to not comment on the fact that her photographer was sweating like a greased swine.)

Today, things have cooled down. Immensely. Today's high is expected to be around 71 degrees. That's it. A beautiful, glorious, blissfully cool day. And earlier this morning, while Dehlia and I were puttering around outside, I even felt a crisp breeze blow through my hair. Heavenly.

So today I appreciate cooler temperatures. Much cooler temperatures.

Oh, and pretty boats. Yeah, I appreciate those, too.

Happy Hump Day! :)





_____________

"A change in the weather is sufficient to recreate the world and ourselves."
-- Marcel Proust

0 comments: