WELCOME!

SHARE THE LOVE :)

Thursday, February 12, 2009

A Little East Coast Flair... ;)

Last weekend, Chris and I were fortunate enough to jet off to the East Coast and spend some quality time with our amazing family. Because we've always lived so far apart, every time we get together is beyond special. This last time was no exception as it was Jeff’s 50th Birthday!

One thing I adore about the East Coast is the history. Absolutely everything out there has such an astounding past that, if you took the time to sit down and study it, the info would boggle your mind. Every single place - every building, home, town, street - has a wonderfully unique and interesting story behind it. In fact, even my brother’s land has a history - it used to be one of the camp sites for the confederate army. (Just ask Jeff and his metal detector!)

The restaurant where Jeff’s party was held has not only a history, but a ghost as well! (Imagine my excitement when I discovered this! I know, I know - I had to be held back.) Well, of course I had to bombard the manager with tons of questions regarding their spectral visitor. And, being the gracious host that he was, he answered every one of my inquiries. Feel free to take a look at this amazing place and read about their ghost by checking out the Occoquan Inn. (I swear, after photography and writing, I’m soooo going to pursue ghost hunting.)

But anyway, here are a few shots of the fabulous event.











Not only was I lucky enough to shoot Jeff’s party, but I was also able to take some lovely photos of the entire family the day after... (J & E, Laura, Laura Guitar.)

Happy Birthday, Jeff! We had a great time, and are soooo grateful that we were able to be there for your birthday. Love ya! :)
_____________________________________

"Families are like fudge - mostly sweet with a few nuts."
-- Author Unknown

0 comments: