WELCOME!

SHARE THE LOVE :)

Saturday, February 28, 2009

The Road Taken...

Last weekend, Chris and I got up early, grabbed several liters of legally addictive stimulants, settled into the Jeep and did what we love to do best - drive. No maps, pre-printed directions, or specific destinations in mind... It's one of the best ways to spend a weekend, let me tell you. ;)

Here are a few things we ran across on our mini road trip:

Remember a little cult classic called Twin Peaks?? This is Twede's Cafe in North Bend. It's the home of the infamous cherry pie. It also houses a "damn fine cup o'coffee!"

As a side note, Special Agent Dale Cooper was nowhere to be seen... ;)




Speaking of hit television shows... After taking several unplanned and spontaneous turns, we ended up in a little town called Roslyn. Northern Exposure, one of my all-time favorite TV shows, was filmed right here in this very spot. Since our move to Washington, visiting this landmark of televison history has been on my list of "things to do." Well, two years later, I finally got to see it. You can imagine my excitement as we stumbled across the sign on the interstate informing us that, in just nine miles, we'd be in Roslyn. I was positively giddy. Just ask Chris.

The Roslyn Cafe mural:



While we didn't see a moose on the loose, we did run across this adorable, furry-faced pooch. I think he's the official town greeter. He came right up to our Jeep, smiling and wagging his tail. Ah, dogs really are "man's best friend." (Note his ball in the background.) ;)






A pass through Snoqualmie brought us to the Northwest Railway Museum.




And finally, last but certainly not least - PERKINS! Chris and I haven't ate at (or seen!) a Perkins since we lived in Sioux City. (Which was years and years ago!) So we were beyond excited when we pulled into Ellensburg and found this one! Mmmmmmm, Country Club Melt - I heart you.



Now all we need to do is find a Taco John's... Too bad the nearest one is 180.95 miles away. Hmmmm... Maybe that will be our next road trip?? ;)
__________________________________

"I travel not to go anywhere, but to go. I travel for travel's sake. The great affair is to move."
-- Robert Louis Stevenson

0 comments: