WELCOME!

SHARE THE LOVE :)

Tuesday, May 25, 2010

Don't Let Reality Ruin Your Day

There comes a time when you have to sit down and evaluate your life. When, for perhaps the first time ever, you place your focus not on reality, but on dreams. Then, with unwavering faith, you consciously step back and look at your life from a broader perspective.

And start planning for your dreams, not your reality.

It can be scary, I'll admit to that. Most of us have been taught to face reality, to plan for reality, and to live in reality. Only when and if we have time do we even allow ourselves a brief moment or two to entertain our dreams.

For the last few months, I've been planning for my dreams. Finally. I stepped up with faith, discarded doubt and - along with my caring and extremely generous husband - began moving forward. And the ride so far has been amazing. In fact, forging ahead in faith has been more liberating than I could have ever imagined.

And then last weekend hit.

For no apparent reason, I woke up on Sunday with my mind cloaked in doubt. In uncertainty. And in fear. Try as I might, I couldn't shake the helpless feeling of impending doom. Luckily, Chris can talk me back down from any chaotic frenzy I've allowed myself to slip into, and Sunday was no different. He has the admirable ability to stay cool and calm in any situation. He's relaxed, easy going, and always, always in control. With gentle encouragement, he rescued me from the mental ledge I had stranded myself on. He brought me back to my dreams.

Any remaining doubt was squelched entirely later that afternoon in a quirky little craft store, when the first thing I saw upon entering was a hand-crafted sign stating, Don't let reality ruin your day. (Hmmm... A "sign" in the form of a sign? Synchronicity at its best, wouldn't you say?)

You see, the most life altering leap of this journey is fast approaching. Up until now, nothing that I've done has been this big. This defining. And this momentous. And last Sunday, the old me - in her final death throws - desperately tried to pull the new, becoming me back. Back to reality.

But it's too late. The forward momentum generated by the last few months is moving too fast - much too fast to stop. So, I'm kissing reality good-bye. I've come to the edge and am now standing on the balls of my feet, teetering back and forth, eager and excited to... Leap.





_____________________

"Reality is merely an illusion, albeit a very persistent one."
-- Albert Einstein

1 comments:

Anonymous said...

I really enjoyed this blog. Very motivational...spoke to me. I've been in doubt myself too about my dreams so thanks for this!