WELCOME!

SHARE THE LOVE :)

Thursday, January 28, 2010

My Obsession

If you know me - I mean, really know me- then you know that I'm obsessed with candles. Tall candles, short candles, fat candles, thin candles. Votives, three-wick, round, square, plain or scented...

Like I said, I'm obsessed.

I adore their soft glow. The quiet calm that they emit from their very wax cores. Light a candle and I'm instantly at peace. And a whole room full of candles? Why, that's simply Heaven on Earth.

So, when my hair stylist first told me about Scentsy - a "wickless candle" - I was skeptical. Sure, the warmers were aesthetically pleasing. And the wax bar that she gave me did smell good. (Really good, in fact.) But still, I was a candle girl - through and through. And no wick? No hypnotizing flame to flicker and dance seductively across the walls? No soothing sizzle and pop as the flame burned down into the wax? No... No... Wait! No potential fire hazard? No falling asleep and waking up to the sound of dripping wax as it spilled down the wall and onto the (cream-colored) carpet? And no messy aftermath to deal with after the hot wax had overflowed the cute - but obviously way too small - candle holder and spread across our fireplace mantle?

Suddenly, I was intrigued.

Throwing caution to the wind and opening my mind (as I like to do on occasion), I ordered a warmer and several scented bars. Then I lit a candle... And waited.

Well, last night my order arrived. After minimal set up, I had my very own piece of the Scentsy empire. And in all honesty, I was giddy. Giddy like a kid in a candy store. Or, um, like a scent-obsessed woman in a candle store.

Within seconds of popping in two of the Clove and Cinnamon cubes, a soft smell began to spread throughout the living room. So quick, in fact, that Chris abandoned his favorite television show, Man v. Wild, and came over to investigate. "Wow," he said, taking a deep whiff, "that stuff does work." Then, after studying the box for a moment, "Let's get some more."

Thus, my obsession began.

If you know me - I mean, really know me - then you know that I'm obsessed with Scentsy. Tall warmers, short warmers. Full-sized, mid-sized, plug-ins...

You get the idea.






** If you're looking for a new obsession, let me know and I'll give you the contact info to my Scentsy rep!

___________________

"Don 't hurry. Don't worry. You're only here for a short visit. So don't forget to stop and smell the roses."
-- Walter Hagen

0 comments: