WELCOME!

SHARE THE LOVE :)

Thursday, March 26, 2009

Supernatural Thursdays

Ah, Thursdays. Sweet, sweet Thursdays... Perhaps my favorite day of the week.

All due to a television show.

I try not to watch too much TV. Honestly. And I'm proud to say that, on my days off, I don't touch the remote control. I read. I go to the gym. I write. I take pictures. I edit pictures. I play with our dogs. I dink around on the computer... (Okay, okay - I have a bit of an internet addiction. But I'm working on it. I swear.) But I rarely find the need to turn on the TV and subject myself to daytime television. I watched my fair share of soaps during college and have, fortunately, beat that obsession out of my system.

There are only three shows that I watch religiously.

One is Dexter. The premise of the show is completely clever and unique, and I love the mysterious aura that surrounds the main character. The struggle to be good. The want and need to rise above the evil that has embedded itself into his very being. I know some of you may be asking, Really? A show about a cuddly serial killer? Are you serious? But it works. Believe me.

My second fav is a sitcom - The Big Bang Theory. This show is special because of its slapstick comedy. Its wonderfully crafted characters. And Sheldon. Enough said.

Now, for the big finale. My absolute favorite show of all time - past, present and, I feel safe to predict, the future - is... Supernatural.

This amazing series started in September of 2005 and has kept us riveted ever since. For the past four years, Chris and I have found ourselves glued to the TV every Thursday night. (Including one Thursday night during our honeymoon when we locked ourselves into our St. Pete Beach hotel room at nine o'clock on the dot so we could see what mischief the Winchester boys had gotten into that week.) Brillantly written, the storyline follows two brothers on their ultimate quest to save the world from evil. Demons, vampires, ghosts, goblins - this show has it all. Even angels. (Thank you, Season Four.) The writers are clever. The actors engaging. Supernatural has everything - humor, drama, thrills, chills, horror, hope... I could go on. And on. And on. And...

Anyway. Since it's late Thursday night and I can barely keep my eyes open, I'll just let this clip explain the rest. Enjoy.



Winchester boys - I heart you. ;)
____________________________________________

"I hope your apple pie is freakin' worth it!"
-- Dean Winchester (via Jensen Ackles)

0 comments: