WELCOME!

SHARE THE LOVE :)

Tuesday, December 21, 2010

A Caterpillar with Cabin Fever

It's been an eh kind of day. The weather is cool and gray and totally typical of Seattle this time of year. And normally I love these soft, cozy days. The sort of lazy days when you feel justified doing absolutely nothing. When curling up on the couch, huddling under a blanket, and reading a book all day long makes you feel just as productive as if, say, you cleaned your entire house, baked a full-course dinner, organized your closests, and ran a marathon.

But not today.

I feel sort of slow. Slow moving. Slow thinking. Slow... Everything.

I've got a major case of cabin fever.

This is the first day in all the years that we've lived out here where the weather has gotten me down. Yet I don't think the clouds are entirely to blame. I feel like I'm shedding my skin. Going through a crazy metamorphisis and morphing into somone different.

It's like the need to grow, to expand, is overwhelming. While my mind is nervously and carefully edging toward the future, my soul is on a rampage - screaming and urging me to just shed my inhibitions, throw caution to the wind, and take the damn leap already!

Maybe I'm stir-crazy because I know so many changes are afoot. (And patience has never been my best virtue.) School starts soon. A new year is just around the corner. Lifestyle changes are underway. Some doors are opening. Others are closing.

And me?? I feel like a caterpillar who's been stuck in its cocoon for too long.

I'm so much different at the end of this year than I was at the end of last year. And, I know, in two more weeks I'll be even more different still...

*Sigh*

Anyway... One thing that did make me smile today was this picture of Nikkie. (To see more of her session, click here.) I've been going through old files and attempting to organize / clean out our computer, and ran across this. For some reason, I overlooked it last September while editing her photos. But now, I'm glad that I found it. Isn't it great when random things pop up to lighten your otherwise dark mood? Almost like it's a gift from.... above? ;)




_____________________

"A sensible man will remember that the eyes may be confused in two ways - by a change from light to darkness or from darkness to light; and he will recognize that the same thing happens to the soul."
-- Plato

0 comments: