I have the best husband in the world.
Now, other women are probably snapping their fingers and saying things like, "Oh no she doesn't! I have the best husband..." "Whatever girl. My man is the best thing since sliced bread." "Yo, yo, yo - you ain't got the best husband... Ain't nobody got a good man." Or, "Puh-lease, sugar. My man is the shinizzle."
(Hmmmm... So when did I become down with my bad self and turn ghetto?)
But in all seriousness, I do have the best husband in the world. The best husband for me, that is.
Chris is the ying to my yang. The Professor to my Marianne. The peanut butter to my chocolate. The Clark Kent to my Lois Lane. In fact, to be as cheesy and annoying as possible, he completes me. (Yes, he had me at hello. Aww...)
It's an amazing thing to be known from the inside out. To have someone look not just at you, or through you, but into you. To look into your eyes and see down to the very depths of your soul.
And still want to come back for more.
My husband knows me better than I know myself. He knows what I'm thinking, when I'm thinking it, and why I'm thinking it. He knows what I want, when I want it, and (usually) why I want it. He'll wait patiently for me to ramble my way through a thought when, more often than not, he knows what I'm trying to say well before I do.
Over the last seven and a half years, Chris has walked beside me through happy times and allowed me to lean on him during the bad. He's sailed with me through even the roughest of waters, never failing to deliver me safely to higher ground. With unwavering love, he's steered my life in directions I would have never dared to go alone.
He has a quiet way about him - a sort of humble intelligence - that somehow seems to fit so well with my excitable, over-the-top personality. He keeps me grounded, yet never holds me down. In fact, most of the time, he chooses to fly with me. But regardless of where his feet are, he's always there to lend a hand. To keep me safe. And to catch me if I fall.
I feel blessed to have Chris as my husband. He sees only the best in me, and therefore brings out the best in me. Around him, my abundance is immeasurable. And my life - purely indescribable.
Because of my husband, I not only dare to dream my dreams, but I have the confidence to live them.
______________
"There is no Lisa. Only Zuul."
-- Chris
0 comments:
Post a Comment