WELCOME!

SHARE THE LOVE :)

Thursday, October 15, 2009

My Cake

Some people think I'm strange. Maybe, even, a little crazy.

And that's fine by me.

In fact, if I had met myself a few years ago, I would have thought I was a little strange. And very, very crazy.

But now, when I think about my life and the direction it's heading, I feel calm. Peaceful. And completely, one-hundred percent sane.

My beliefs have changed over the past several years. A lot. Pessimism has been replaced by optimism. Sarcasm has been overcome by humor. And anxiety has succumbed to - ahhhh - relief.

I have done a complete one-eighty over the last three years and the benefits have been extraordinary.

For example - I no longer take life seriously. Why? Because there's nothing serious about it. At all. The world is literally our oyster, and we get from it exactly what we expect. No more. No less. And it's because of that philosophy that I believe - and here's when most people start to think I'm strange - that anything's possible.

Yes. Anything... Is... Possible. And, I'll even go a little further by daring to say that we actually create our own reality. Thought by thought, feeling by feeling, we mold our inner and outer world to and toward a design of our very own choosing. (And this is where the term crazy usually comes in...)

I believe that it is possible to like - even love - your job. I believe that the safest route isn't always that safe. I believe that no person should settle for mediocrity simply because "that's just the way it is". I believe that people should expect and only accept the very best. I believe that there are absolutely no limits to what a person can achieve. And, on a more personal note, I believe that it's certainly not foolish to browse million dollar homes when, currently, your only source of income stems from working at a veterinary clinic...

In a nutshell, I believe in the unbelievable.

Some people may think I'm irresponsible by not conforming to their version of knock-on-wood reality. That by not taking the traditional path that today's society (and societies past) have taken, I'm selfish, immature, and reckless. Even a little dangerous.

But I would have to - pleasantly and respectfully - disagree.

I think that not following your heart's desire and ignoring your bliss is far more dangerous and reckless than indulging in your passions could ever be. By struggling against the true nature of your being and fighting your desires, you're hindering not only the life that you're living right now, but - and most importantly - the life that you live after you leave this physical realm.

I believe that it's not only possible to have my cake, but to eat it, too.

And I know for a fact that a lot of people disagree with me. But that's not really a bad thing. Because the cake of life, as it is, never goes bad... It's always there, waiting to be eaten. And that first bite? That first bite is pure heaven.



** Here's a picture of my cake - I mean, Chris - and I on our wedding day... Exactly four years ago today. A perfect example of expecting and accepting only the very best. :)



_______________

"Lighten up! Lighten up! Lighten up! Lighten up! Lighten up! Lighten up! Lighten up! Lighten up! Lighten up! Lighten up!"
-- Abraham

0 comments: