It's always been my belief that pets are part of the family. For as long as I can remember, dogs, cats, fish - even the baby birds we'd find on the ground who had fallen out of their nests - were all welcomed into our home with big, wide open arms and made immediate members of the Wickey clan. And now, as a Sorbe, I've carried on the traditon that, thanks to my mom and dad, I learned at a very early age. (Chris doesn't mind - he's become quite the animal lover himself!)
So it's when I run across a family like Julie's, who embrace their furry friends by treating them like one of their own, that I'm reminded just how compassionate humanity can be.
These shots were taken months ago, during a holiday mini-session at Julie's house. (There's so much love at that place that it's practically bursting at the seems.) I absolutely adore Julie and her family - and all their critters! In fact, being around them reminds me of what it was once like to be around my own family - wayyyy back when.
So enjoy these shots of Julie and her fam... And feel the love. :)
(And p.s. - all these critters live together... in harmony. True story.)













* A special word about this last photo... Julie initially had the idea for the family to do a rather stoic, stern pose (i.e. old depression era family photos) for their holiday card. However, her son, Victor... Well, let's just say that with him around, it's impossible not to laugh. Ah, well. We tried. ;)
___________________
"The life spark in my eyes is in no way different than the life spark in the eyes of any other sentient being."
-- Michael Stepaniak, quoted in Joanne Stepaniak, The Vegan Sourcebook, 1998
0 comments:
Post a Comment