WELCOME!

SHARE THE LOVE :)

Tuesday, May 12, 2009

I Love Saturdays

I just e-mailed Chris.

Hey. Wanna go to the Aquarium this weekend? Or the Zoo?? :)

His reply:

Okay. :) Sounds like fun.

Fun. I love having fun. Especially with my husband.

It seems there are far too many people not having fun lately. I see our clients push their way into our clinic, stern-faced and serious, their cell phones attached to their ears, hastily arranging and rearranging their busy work schedules. Making plans for business dinners, business outings, business meetings, business trips...

It seems that some people are up to some kind of business all the time.

All. The. Time.

After we moved out to Washington, Chris and I made the decision that life is too important to waste. Too precious to live in business-mode all the time. We agreed to make time for each other, our passions, and the simpler things in life. We vowed to make time for fun.

And that's why Saturdays are so important to us. With the work week so hectic and time-consuming, we really only have the weekend to break free from our restraints and live life to the fullest. No holds-barred. Free and uninhibited. No business allowed.

Every Saturday is a birthday. An anniversary. A holiday. A reason to hold on tightly to each other's hand and just appreciate being together. Being in love. And being alive.

Saturdays, for us, are what keep life sweet.

So, this weekend, I'm going to roll out of bed, kiss my husband on the cheek, and enjoy another beautiful Saturday with him. Rain or shine. It doesn't matter. As long as we have fun.

No business allowed.

________________________________

"Take it easy baby, take it as it comes - specialize in having fun!"
-- Jim Morrision, The Doors

0 comments: