WELCOME!

SHARE THE LOVE :)

Friday, September 18, 2009

Shelter Dogs Rock!

While opening my Comcast e-mail account today, I was sidelined by a wonderful story about Kathryn Heigl and her husband, Josh Kelley. The article went on to state that the Heigl-Kelley clan just adopted a 10-month old baby girl from Korea, and that the new family is happy and adjusting well. (Which is completely and wonderfully awesome in itself!) But as the article continued, it directed the readers to another site - one that I'd never heard of before but, after a quick glance, am eager to find out more about: Heigl Hounds of Hope.

Because I'm leaving for the airport (literally, as I type this) to pick up Jeff and Ellen, I can't give the site the attention it deserves. But, since rescuing dogs has been a longtime passion of mine, I thought it was cool and wanted to share. Anytime I see someone - celebrity or not - contributing positively to our world, I feel joy, hope, compassion, and relief.

My advice today - for myself and anyone reading this - is to look for the good. Open your eyes and be determined to look for only positive, happy, uplifting, beautiful, joyous, awesome, and amazing things. I promise you you'll find them. I know I'm going to.

Okay, now I really have to go... A post in less than two minutes?? That's a record. :)

** Our little "shelter" dog...



__________________

"Dogs have given us their absolute all. We are the center of their universe, we are the focus of their love and faith and trust. They serve us in return for scraps. It is without a doubt the best deal man has ever made."
-- Roger Caras

0 comments: