WELCOME!

SHARE THE LOVE :)

Wednesday, September 23, 2009

Come As You Are

A small portion of my high school years - mainly my freshman and sophomore - consisted of plaid shirts, cardigan sweaters, funky tights, combat boots, and... Nirvana. By junior year, I had outgrown the grunge look, but not the music. In fact, to this day, I still rock out to Nirvana's Unplugged in New York. That CD will never, never get old.

Yesterday, we trekked out to Capitol Hill and stopped by the fan-made memorial for Kurt Cobain in Viretta Park. The two park benches, which are located just steps from (what used to be) his house, are covered with tributes of love, admiration, respect, and gratitude. Visiting the location was deeply moving, and a great way to remember a severely talented musician.












____________________

"I'd rather be hated for who I am, than loved for who I am not."
-- Kurt Cobain

0 comments: