WELCOME!

SHARE THE LOVE :)

Wednesday, November 24, 2010

Day 24: The Night Before Thanksgiving

With Thanksgiving Eve closing in, I find myself gravitating toward the fire - glass of wine in hand, husband and dog by my side, and preparing for my absolute favorite part of the holiday.

And no. It has nothing to do with food.

A holiday tradition, started wayyyy back in the late 80's, is what I look forward to the most. On the night before Thanksgiving, as the pies and desserts warmed in the oven, my mom, dad, and I would dim the lights, gather around the television, sip hot chocolate, and watch Plains, Trains and Automobiles. Every year. Without fail.

Now, all these years later, I share that same tradition with Chris. We hunker down, dim the lights, sip on wine, and laugh along with that classic holiday film. Relaxing into the sights, smells and sounds of the evening, the night before Thanksgiving is still one of the things that I'm most thankful for.





____________________

Neal: "Del... Why did you kiss my ear?"
Del: "Why are you holding my hand?"
Neal: [frowns] "Where's your other hand?"
Del: "Between two pillows..."
Neal: "Those aren't pillows!"

-- Plains, Trains and Automobiles

0 comments: