An old pair of stuffed antlers, which we subject her to every single year. Without fail. In fact, she's the first holiday "decoration" that we attend to.
Dig through box. Removed said antlers. Place on wriggling dog. Take picture.
Whenever we pull out that box of holiday decorations, she cringes. Literally. Instead of bounding across the room and pouncing on it (like she normally does whenever we bring something "new" into the house), she hangs her head, tucks her tail between her legs and, with a resigned grumble, skulks away to her bed. Because she knows. Knows exactly what Mom and Dad are going to do to her. She knows this like she knows the scent of broccoli. In Dehlia's experience, nothing good can come from either.
Stay away from the dinner table when they're having broccoli. It's bad.
Stay away from that box of decorations. It's really bad.
Well, I beg to differ.

So today I give thanks for Dehlia, and for all the entertainment that she provides us with. Honestly folks, life with a dog is so much more fun... ;)
Oh, and since I skipped yesterday, I'll also throw in that I'm thankful for Rice Krispies Treats. I mean, who isn't, right?? Yum.
__________________
"The great pleasure of a dog is that you may make a fool of yourself with him and not only will he not scold you, but he will make a fool of himself too."
-- Samuel Butler, Notebooks, 1912
0 comments:
Post a Comment